At Tech Ed Atlanta Brjann Brekkan and Mark Wahl discussed FIM 2010 R2 in a public forum – so here is a lot of info that is now in the public forum.
Mark covered the new items that will come out in R2:
- Web Based Password reset (no need for a domain joined computer, no need to install Password Client no need for Active X, support for Firefox)
- Although for integration with the GINA (the login screen) you still need to install the FIM Password Reset Client
- Have the ability to mark QA gates as executing for everyone or only those coming through the extranet.
- Considering adding Captcha or OTP gates to phones
- Depends on System Center Data Warehouse (SCDW)
- But no separating licensing is required for SCDW
- Membership Change Reports
- Object History
- Policy Rules (MPRs)
- MA – EZ MA – Andreas Kjellman covered this one at TEC